posted May 16, 2016, 10:25 AM by Josie Baker
|Position: Escape-Room Game Facilitator & Summer Coordinator |
Start Date: As soon as possible
Duration: Part time immediately; full time for 8 weeks over the summer; possibility of staying part time in the fall.
Deadline for Applications: May 20, 2016
Main Tasks & Responsibilities
This individual will work part time as an Escape Room Facilitator as well as a Communications and Events Coordinator for the Voluntary Resource Centre.
Game Facilitator for PEI Escape Rooms:
This position requires a flexible schedule, punctuality, adaptability, innovative problem solving, a friendly demeanor, a team player, and excellent communication skills. Hours depend on bookings.
• Planning, coordinating and promoting events for the Voluntary Resource Council and member groups
• Coordinating and hands-on assistance of the Desbrisay Community Garden leadership committee.
• Updating the VRC and improving the current website.
• Writing documents and letters.
• Research fundraising opportunities for the VRC
• Under the guidance of the VRC manager the student will assist VRC staff and VRC members and organizations as needed.
• The student will perform other duties as required.
The successful candidate must:
• be comfortable working with diverse groups of people and diverse community organizations.
• demonstrate a significant degree of involvement in the community through community groups, social justice or advocacy, art, volunteering, etc.
• be able to write public relations materials and make phone calls.
• be comfortable, patient, and upbeat when working with the public
• be available to work Escape Rooms evenings and weekends, and hold regular office hours during the week, Tuesday – Friday
• Fluency in languages other than English and French
• experience & interest in gardening
• interest in escape room games
• experience teaching concepts or skills to children or adults
• Interest in community and social justice issues
• Please indicate any repair, art, programming, or “tinkering” skills
To be eligible for this position, you must:
a) be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the employment;
b) have been registered as a full-time student in the previous academic year and intend to return to school on a full-time basis in the next academic year;
c) be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident or have official refugee protection status;
d) be legally entitled to work in Canada.
Send resume with a cover letter to Voluntary Resource Centre, 81 Prince St, Charlottetown, PE C1A 4R3 or email to vrc(at)eastlink.ca.
Only successful candidates will be contacted.